Website translation is simply translating from one language into the native language of the targeted audience. However, to connect with a region’s local public, you need to communicate with the right content and context in their language, and localisation is just what you need. Website Localization is a detailed version of translation and translates the language in a more authentic sense, including currencies, addresses, and the overall message.
The salient features of localizing your website are that it makes it more user-friendly and convenient for people from other regions to access your content and services. In addition, localization earns a wider client base for a business at the most affordable prices. This article will discuss the nuances and need for website localization services.
Why is Website Localization Important?
Whether you are planning to open a new branch or expand your services in a foreign land, the first thing on your to-do list must be localisation. Why, you wonder?
With the advancement of technology, billions of people use the internet to instantly acquire information. There are nearly 4.6 billion internet users among whom 74% are non-English speaking natives. To appeal to their needs is precisely why your website should be localized: to reach the masses.
Similarly, it is essential to differentiate your business from your contemporaries. The most appropriate method is to be able to convey messages in different languages and have authentic conversations with your global customer base. However good your website may be, it is only complete if it can appeal to a diverse range of your audience.
Who needs website localization?
Anyone with a website can benefit from it. Also, individuals who use it as a CV and businesses of all scales use website localization to apprise the maximum folk.
The website localization service has helped a lot of companies. These companies range from multinational corporations to small and medium businesses, and European healthcare firms, market research firms, software developers, game developers, law firms, hospitals, and clinic systems.
Common Website Language Localization Methods
The website localization services vary from site to sit, but the most popular ones will incorporate these tried-and-true strategies:
1) Translation: Translation caters to the demands of the website and will produce an exact replica without hindering the content. This includes TEP (Translation, Editing, Proofreading), which means the text is firstly translated by a professional translator, then corrected by a different proofreader, and concluded with rechecking by a final checker for perfection.
2) Transcreation: Transcreation is an amalgamation of translation and creation. This method ensures that words delivered to the audience are accurate according to their culture, language, and other local traditions.
3) Copywriting: Copywriting is impeccable for marketing witty and thought-provoking messages within the website for website translations.
4) Back-translation: The word simply indicates that once the content is translated into some other language, it can be translated back to the original. This is done to check the accuracy of the content delivered to the targeted audience.
5) Machine Translation: This method is useful to get the crux of a message in a foreign language. But of course, nothing can beat the human error checking ability. For non-commercial purposes, it is free of cost and split into 2 categories: statistical machine translation and neural machine translation.
6) Post-editing: A professional editor looks into the content of the website for a final round of error-checking after the machine translation and checking processes are complete.
7) Collaborative Translation: This is known to bring out the correct translation. There are many translators working together here and the written matter is simultaneously proofread too.
STEPS OF WEB LOCALIZATION
The following are the steps in website localization:
1. Reviewing your content
2. Preparing a style guide
3. Preparing a glossary and translating for review
4. Understanding and providing insight
5. Translation Management System (TMS)
6. Translation Memory (TM)
7. TEP – Translation, Editing, Proofreading
8. Continuous 24/7 support
9. Modern connectors such as a WordPress plugin, Drupal plugin, and an API
10. After-sale support
Website Localization also requires planning to decide how many languages should be included in the website and how it detects new visitors.
How Do I Localize an Entire Website?
A CMS (Content Management System) is highly required during website localization. It makes your content accessible, well-arranged, and adaptable.WordPress is the most popularly used CMS in the world. It would be appropriate here to tell you that if you do not have a CMS on your site, then you are not ready for translation just yet.
Without knowing how to code, you can still build the website. With that, you can also modify the website’s design and functionalities. The WordPress website translation is also available for translation into any language. The tool is present on the site and can be downloaded by the user easily.
What Are The Best Website Localization Formats?
HTML files, XML files, InDesign documents, SRT and VTT files and videos, Illustrator and Photoshop files, PDF and others.
What are Translation Management Systems (TMS)?
Translation Management System is a software developed for linguistics. It aids in organizing the website localization process, many file types, allows communication between different stakeholders, and handles payments to the individual translators.
GET YOUR WEBSITE LOCALIZED TODAY
Alpha Data Leads, a leading translation services company, has incorporated all the features of website translation into its website translation service. With the premium benefits the company offers, you should definitely try these translation services if you own a website. You can see visibly brilliant results in your website traffic and create a global online presence for your brand at various corners of the world. Contact us for your website translation needs and receive the best advice from our trusted team of experts.
Reach global by going local with your website!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CAN YOU HELP IF I NEED MY TRANSLATION FASTER?
You can rely on Alpha Data Leads to get your work completed well before the stipulated deadline. However, for any specific need, please contact us in advance.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE US?
Our prices are reasonable, our turnaround time is fast, and our delivery is done post multiple quality checks.
WHICH FILE FORMATS DOES WEBSITE LOCALIZATION SUPPORT?
Supports a lot of file formats. To name a few MS Office Legacy (.doc, .ppt, .xls), MS Office Modern (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx), Open Office (.odt, .odp, .odg), text-based (.txt, .pdf, .srt, .sbv, .xliff), programming (.html, .htm, .xhtml, .ini, .xml, .json, .php).
WHAT IF I NEED TO HAVE CHANGES TO MY TRANSLATION?
The review and feedback options are available to check your translations when they are done. Please check our website to learn more. If you have more doubts, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at +91 89718 15739, and we would be happy to answer your questions.